How to Make US Feel Like Shit, in Ten Easy Steps.
June 24, 2010 Leave a comment
1. Treat us like a burden
2. Treat us like we’re worthless invalids
3. Behave as if we’re not worthy of your trust
4. Roll your eyes and laugh when we get upset at being treated like children
5. Toss our concerns aside
6. Tell us that, no really, it’s not because of our disabilities, it’s just something else that’s completely irrelevant
7. Baby us when our health gets bad, assure that everything’s alright, then as soon as we “get better” nag at us for not doing everything just like you do, because god, it’s not that difficult! You do it just fine, so everyone can!
8. Use our health issues as a spectacle
9. Be sure that everyone knows we’re different, and you’re such a saint for putting up with us
10. Do everything you can to ensure we’re dependent on you, then whine that you have to spend so much money, and GOD, why aren’t you on your own two feet yet! Throw in a “that doesn’t mean I don’t love you!” and all’s golden.